Here we have answered some of the most frequent questions asked by residents. If you do not find the answer to your question please contact us

Streets, pavements, green spaces

Please click here to see a location map of the dog waste bins, if you click on the bin icon you will see a description of its location and a reference number.  Using this information to report an issue will help us quickly locate the bin to investigate further.

The bins we are responsible for are follows:

Bin Ref Location
733A Blind Lane
733B Bockhampton Road Sub Station
733C Lambourn Centre/Close End
733E Crowle Road
733F Baydon Road opposite Derby Close
733G Beginning of Allotment footpath
733H End of Allotment Footpath
733I Car Park at the Old Cricket Field
733J Rear of the Old Cricket Field
733K Entrance to Three Post Lane
733L Lynch Lane
733M Goose Green/Honey Hill
733N Oxford Street by Northfields
733O Mill Lane Bus stop
733P Eastbury Furze play area
733Q Francomes Field
733R Edwards Hill/Sheep Fair Way
733S Junction of Maddle Road and Upper Lambourn High Street
734A Eastbury Furze play area waste bin

If the bin is not emptied on a weekly cycle, please let us know by contacting or use the CONTACT FORM

The maintenance of pavements and roads is the responsibility of West Berkshire Council.  To report a pothole please either make a report via Fix My Street click here or contact West Berkshire Council click here

Lambourn Parish Council pay West Berkshire Council for their contractors to empty the bins in the open spaces, the remainder are the responsibility of West Berkshire Council and should be reported to them if they need emptying.

Click here to report a bin

The Memorial hall is available to hire for social clubs, family functions or meetings. It is at the heart of the village with easy access by foot.  Click here for further details.

Most of the street lights in Lambourn are the responsibility of Lambourn Parish Council. Street lights in other parts of the parish are the responsibility of West Berkshire Council. The best way to report a broken streetlight is to contact us by calling  01488 72400 or email or use the CONTACT FORM

If you need to report a persistent barking dog, please contact the West Berkshire Dog Warden on:  01635 503671

For further information, click here to download a leaflet in PDF format

If you need to request CCTV footage please complete the CCTV information request form click here

We do our best to keep them topped up, to make the best use of our funds we will request a refill when 3 or more have been reported.  Please either call 01488 72400, email or use the CONTACT FORM

To get an update on the LNDP please click here

If you would like to contact the LNDP working group, please send an email to:

  • If the tree is overhanging a surfaced road, road verge or pavement - Contact West Berkshire Streetcare Team on 01635 519080
  • Trees affecting footpaths and other un-surfaced rights of way - Contact the  West Berkshire Streetcare Team on 01635 519080
  • Problems with trees on public open spaces we are responsible for, such as Mill Lane recreation ground, Eastbury Furze playground, the Old Cricket Field skate park and open space - contact us by calling  01488 72400 or email or use the CONTACT FORM

Outside the library at 11 High Street, Lambourn, RG17 8XL, or

Outside the Fire Station at Newbury Street, Lambourn, RG17 8YT

If someone has a cardiac arrest, every second counts - always dial 999 click here for a link to the National Defibrillator Database

West Berkshire Council remove graffiti from public areas, including:

  • publicly-owned fencing
  • public toilets
  • benches
  • litter bins
  • bridges
  • signs
  • play equipment (in council-owned parks)
  • underpasses

Please let them know about problems with graffiti in these areas by contacting Customer Services.  WBC aim to remove incidents of graffiti as soon as they can.

If you have graffiti on your property, they may be able to clear it for you. Charges may apply, and they will need a completed  Indemnity Form [53.5KB] before they can arrange for removal.

Burials and Cemeteries

We manage the reservation of plots and internments.  Please click here for further information and contact details.

Local Transport

West Berkshire Council is responsible for bus passes and cards, click here for more information.

Please click here to see West Berkshire Council's advice on journey planning and timetables.

Parish Council

We have a main committee, called Full Council, this meets on the first Wednesday of every month. All Councillors are called to participate at this meeting. 

Members of the public are welcome to attend council meetings.

To attend a meeting please contact us by calling  01488 72400 or email or use the CONTACT FORM

The role of a Parish Councillor is to represent the interests of the whole community.

If you have a concern that affects you and you would like to speak to your local Parish Councillor click here for contact details.

Fifteen parish councillors represent the residents of our parish which is split into four wards. At any one time there may be a vacancy for a parish councillor. 

If you are interested in representing your community as a parish councillor please click here for more information on how you can help make a difference to our parish.

Skip to content