West Berkshire would like your feedback on enforcing moving traffic offences. From 31 May 2022, local highway authorities in England outside of London have been able to apply to the Secretary of State for new powers to enforce ‘moving traffic offences’.
Moving traffic offences include:
- Driving through a ‘No Entry’ sign
- Turning left or right when instructed not to do so
- Entering yellow box junctions when the exit is not clear
- Driving where and when motor vehicles are prohibited
- Driving on routes that are for buses and taxis only
- Going the wrong way in a one-way street
- Ignoring a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
The plan is to apply for these new powers and initially enforce them wherever a School Streets Scheme has been implemented.
To find out more and have your say, please click here
The consultation closes on 20th September 2022