Lambourn Parish Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and are applying the relevant accessibility standards. We are aware that this is not always 100% possible however we have taken a number of steps to make this website as accessible as possible.
A special toolbar is available on every page (the wheelchair symbol). From this toolbar the visitor can:
- Increase text size
- Decrease text size
- Greyscale the site
- Set high contrast
- Set negative contrast
- Set light background
- Underline links
- Change to a more readable font
- the site is designed to scale up to 300% without any text bleed off the page
- the default font is clear, unfussy and easy to read.
- the default site background is white with black text for high contrast
- we have removed all MS WORD documents and are in the process of reducing the number of PDF files to a minimum so that site visitors can access all information in HTML (web) format without having to use additional software.
If you have accessibility issues please do contact us and we will try to address your concern.
Conformance with national guidelines
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Our website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our website is designed to be compatible with the following technologies:
- Mobile Phones (Android and iOS)
- Windows and MacOS computers
- All tablet devices
- All known Browsers
- Screen Readers
Our website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations of our website:
- PDF Documents – the website has some PDF documents which need a PDF viewer to view them. This includes minutes of meetings. We are working to reduce the number of PDF files.
- ALT Attributes for images – some images on our site do not have the alt attribute set. We are working through all images to address this so that screen readers can convey the content of the image.
How we check how accessible the site is
We assess the accessibility of our website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation through understanding the standards and then checking the site
- Web based accessibility Scanners to obtain an independent, computer generated assessment.
- Web user feedback
December 2021: We checked the site using www.webaccessibility.com and the site achieved a score of 96/100
Owner: Lambourn Parish Council
Version Number: V1
Approved By: Full Council
Approval Date: 5 January 2022
Review Period: Annually
Date of next review: January 2023